The responsible body within the meaning of the data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), is:
LOB Guarantee Fund
PO Box 1023
3000 Berne 14
Telephone: 031 380 79 71
Based on Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the data protection regulations of the Swiss Confederation (Data Protection Act, DSG), every person has the right to protection of their privacy as well as protection against misuse of their personal data. The operators of these pages take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the legal data protection regulations as well as this data protection declaration.
In cooperation with our hosting providers, we make every effort to protect the databases as well as possible against unauthorised access, loss, misuse or falsification.
We would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) can have security gaps. Complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
By using this website, you consent to the collection, processing and use of data as described below. This website can generally be visited without registration. Data such as pages accessed or the name of the file accessed, date and time are stored on the server for statistical purposes without this data being directly related to your person. Personal data, in particular name, address or e-mail address, are collected on a voluntary basis as far as possible. No data will be passed on to third parties without your consent.
Processing of personal data
Personal data is any information that relates to a specific or identifiable person. A data subject is a person about whom personal data is processed. Processing includes any handling of personal data, regardless of the means and procedures used, in particular the storage, disclosure, acquisition, deletion, storage, modification, destruction and use of personal data.
We process personal data in accordance with Swiss data protection law. Furthermore, we process personal data in accordance with the following legal bases in connection with Art. 6 (1) of the GDPR - insofar as and to the extent that the EU GDPR is applicable:
- lit. a) Processing of personal data with the consent of the data subject.
- lit. b) Processing of personal data for the performance of a contract with the data subject as well as for the implementation of corresponding pre-contractual measures.
- lit. c) Processing of personal data for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which we are subject under any applicable EU law or under any applicable law of a country in which the GDPR applies in whole or in part.
- lit. d) Processing of personal data in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person.
- lit. f) Processing of personal data in order to protect the legitimate interests of us or of third parties, provided that the fundamental freedoms and rights and interests of the data subject do not prevail. Legitimate interests are in particular our business interest in being able to provide our website, information security, the enforcement of our own legal claims and compliance with Swiss law.
We process personal data for the duration required for the respective purpose or purposes. In the case of longer-term retention obligations due to legal and other obligations to which we are subject, we restrict processing accordingly.
Data protection declaration for cookies
This website uses SSL/TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as enquiries that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
The provider of this website automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
This data cannot be assigned to specific persons. This data is not merged with other data sources. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively if we become aware of specific indications of illegal use.
Third party services
This website may use Google Maps for embedding maps, Google Invisible reCAPTCHA for protection against bots and spam and YouTube for embedding videos.
Google has undertaken to ensure adequate data protection in accordance with the US-European and the US-Swiss Privacy Shield.
Data protection declaration for contact form
If you send us enquiries via the contact form, the information you provide in the enquiry form, including the contact details you enter there, will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. We do not pass on this data without your consent.
Rights of data subjects
Right to confirmation
Every data subject has the right to request confirmation from the website operator as to whether personal data concerning him or her is being processed. If you would like to make use of this right of confirmation, you can contact the data protection officer at any time.
Right of access
Every person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to receive information free of charge from the operator of this website about the personal data stored about him or her and a copy of this information. Furthermore, information may be provided on the following, if applicable:
- the purposes of processing
- the categories of personal data processed
- the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration
- the existence of the right to obtain the rectification or erasure of personal data concerning him or her, or the restriction of processing by the controller, or the right to object to such processing
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: Any available information on the origin of the data.
Furthermore, the data subject has the right to be informed whether personal data have been transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. If this is the case, the data subject also has the right to obtain information on the appropriate safeguards in connection with the transfer.
If you would like to make use of this right to information, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
Right to rectification
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain the rectification without delay of personal data relating to him or her which are inaccurate. Furthermore, the data subject has the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary declaration, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
If you would like to make use of this right of rectification, you can contact us at any time.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain from the controller of this website the erasure without delay of personal data concerning him or her, where one of the following grounds applies and insofar as the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data have been collected or otherwise processed for such purposes for which they are no longer necessary.
- The data subject withdraws his or her consent on which the processing was based and there is no other legal basis for the processing
- The data subject objects to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing in the case of direct marketing and related profiling
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully
- The erasure of the personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject
- The personal data has been collected in relation to information society services provided directly to a child
If one of the above reasons applies and you wish to arrange for the deletion of personal data stored by the operator of this website, you can contact us at any time. The data protection officer of this website will arrange for the deletion request to be complied with immediately.
Right to restrict processing
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain from the controller of this website the restriction of processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data
- The processing is unlawful, the data subject objects to the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of the use of the personal data
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the data subject needs it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims
- The data subject has objected to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject
If one of the aforementioned conditions is met, you can request the restriction of personal data stored by the operator of this website at any time by contacting our data protection officer. The data protection officer of this website will arrange the restriction of the processing.
Right to data portability
Every person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her in a structured, common and machine-readable format. He or she also has the right to have this data transferred to another controller if the legal requirements are met.
Furthermore, the data subject has the right to obtain that the personal data be transferred directly from one controller to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible and provided that the rights and freedoms of other persons are not affected thereby.
To assert the right to data portability, you may at any time contact the data protection officer appointed by the operator of this website.
Right to object
Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her.
The operator of this website shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or if the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To exercise the right to object, you may directly contact us.
Right to withdraw consent under data protection law
Every person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to revoke a given consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
If you wish to exercise your right to revoke consent, you may contact us at any time.
Use of Google Maps
This website uses the services of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently. By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding sub-page of our website. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish your data to be associated with your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right. Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by Google, as well as further information on your rights in this regard and settings options for protecting your privacy, can be found at: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
This website uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
Use of Matomo
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is stored on a server in Germany.
The IP address is anonymised immediately after processing and before it is stored. You have the option of preventing the installation of cookies by changing the settings of your browser software. We would like to point out that if you change the setting accordingly, not all functions of this website may be available.
You can decide whether a unique web analysis cookie may be stored in your browser to enable the website operator to collect and analyse various statistical data.
The copyright and all other rights to the content, images, photos or other files on the website belong exclusively to the operator of this website or to the specifically named rights holders. The written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained in advance for the reproduction of any files.
Anyone who commits a copyright infringement without the consent of the respective copyright holder may be liable to prosecution and possibly to damages.
All information on our website has been carefully checked. We make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is up-to-date, accurate and complete. Nevertheless, the occurrence of errors cannot be completely ruled out, which means that we cannot guarantee the completeness, correctness and up-to-dateness of information, including journalistic and editorial information. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected.
The publisher may change or delete texts at his own discretion and without notice and is not obliged to update the contents of this website. The use of or access to this website is at the visitor's own risk. The publisher, its principals or partners are not responsible for damages, such as direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, allegedly caused by the use of this website and consequently assume no liability for such damages.
The publisher also accepts no responsibility or liability for the content and availability of third-party websites that can be accessed via external links on this website. The operators of the linked sites are solely responsible for their content. The publisher thus expressly distances itself from all third-party content that may be relevant under criminal or liability law or that may offend common decency.
We may amend this data protection declaration at any time without prior notice. The current version published on our website shall apply. Insofar as the data protection declaration is part of an agreement with you, we will inform you of the change by e-mail or other suitable means in the event of an update.
Questions to us
If you have any questions about data protection, please email us or contact our organisation listed at the beginning of this privacy statement directly.