Art. 5 cash payment

1. Insured persons may apply for cash payment of the leaving benefit if:

a. They leave Switzerland permanently; article 25 f is however reserved;

b. They take up a self-employed activity and are no longer subject to compulsory occupational benefit insurance; or

c. The leaving benefit amounts to less than their annual contribution.

2. In the case of married claimants, the cash payment is permitted only if the spouse gives his or her written consent.

3. If the consent cannot be obtained, or if it is withheld without a substantial reason, the matter may be referred to the court.